Indira N. Hajiyeva was born on July 15, 1960. She graduated from the Baku State University in 1982, and from the Higher Komsomol School in Moscow in 1988.
In 1982-1984 I. Hajiyeva worked as an engineer at the Institute of Space Research of Natural Resources of the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan SSR, in 1984-1986 as Deputy Secretary of the Komsomol Committee of the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan SSR, in 1986-1988 as an instructor, secretary and the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Azerbaijan Youth Union of Lenin Komsomol.
Indira Hajiyeva worked as:
- Chairman in the Republican Pioneer Organisation (1991-1992);
- Engineer at the Baku State University (1992-1993);
- Manager in the joint venture "SIAR-Baku JV" (1993-1995 and 1998-1999);
- Chairman and the Head of Department of the Azerbaijan Democratic Entrepreneurs Party (1995-1998);
- Chief Specialist of the "Interservice" Department of the Baku City Executive Power (1999-2000);
- Head of the Department for Work with the Public Organizations and Political Parties in the Baku City Executive Power (2000-2001);
- Chief Instructor and the Head of the Sector the in the Department of Children and Youth Affairs of the Ministry of Youth, Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan (2001-2006);
- Chief Adviser in the Department for Work with Regional and Local Self-Government Bodies of the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (2006-2007);
- Chief Advisor, Head of the Sector, Head of the Youth Department of the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan (2008-2021);
Indira Hajiyeva was awarded:
- Medal "For Distinction in Civil Service" (2011);
- Jubilee medal “10th anniversary of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Azerbaijan” (2005-2015);
- Third degree of the “Service to the Homeland” (2016).
By the Order of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated November 29, 2021, Indira Hajiyeva was appointed as Deputy Minister of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan.